If a truck has been decommissioned for an extended period or has been travelling outside of Germany, this message could appear on the OBU display: "OPERATING DATA INVALID". The LED will also light up red. Here are some tips on how to proceed if this happens.
The message means that the On-Board Unit's operating data (route and rate data) are no longer valid. The OBU must download the current data wirelessly. This only works in Germany.
- If this occurs, do not turn off the ignition!
- Do not drive on the route subject to toll yet
- Re-start your vehicle after around 10 minutes. Normally the OBU will have then loaded the new data and the LED is green.
- If the message continues to be shown, book the route at a toll station terminal or online. Set the OBU to "TOLL COLLECTION MANUAL".
- Try again after at least four hours: re-start your vehicle, leave the ignition on and start it once again after around ten minutes.
If the OBU continues to display a red LED and the "OPERATING DATA INVALID" message, please contact one of our service partners.